Saturday, August 28, 2010

The MAINE Event - a First



Okay so I know this posting is about 3 weeks overdue but I still felt the need to write about our yearly vacation to Maine since it was Caroline's first time there! In my previous entry I wrote about all of Caroline's firsts that we have observed so this ties in nicely. Our vacation to the serene Caribou Pond in Lincoln, Maine has always been something Jim and I have looked forward to but this year was extra special! There were many firsts for Caroline this first week in August; her first 7 hour car ride, her first "swim" in the frigid lake (actually it was quite a pleasant temperature this year), her first boat ride (with a cute little life vest just for her!), and her first time in Maine in general! I guess there were quite a few firsts! Although this year's summer vacation was very different (having an infant really changes things), it was even better than any previous Maine vacation!

I hope you enjoy these pictures of Caroline's firsts!















2 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm so glad that you guys had a great time and that Caroline got to experience the Maine vacation tradition! Just imagine all the fun that awaits you in coming summers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time Poppi got to see her everyday as well!!! Caroline loves Poppi!!!!!!! specially when he gives her Ice Cream.Only Kidding!!!!!!! But she is going to Gilmores with Poppi next year.

    ReplyDelete