Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Quick 6 Months



                             
     It is just so hard to believe that Caroline is now 6 months old. Where does the time go? I could not tell you... time disappears with every smile, every coo, every cry, every tickle. I do know that I have found tremendous joy in watching Caroline grow and change and seeing her explore the world around her. Being there for her "firsts" has been so important to me. The first time she smiled, her first giggle, giving her first raspberry (I may be the one responsible for this), the first time she rolled over, her first experience sticking out her tongue (again, i may be the one to blame - but it is so worth it)! They may not have been her first EVER but they were at least my firsts for witnessing them!
    Six months have disappeared with the blink of an eye. Firsts have become seconds, thirds, etc. and I find myself wanting to slow the clock or perhaps even press pause. Even if only to cherish a few extra minutes because I know the next 6 months will fly by just as quickly as the first. Live in the moment - it is my new mantra. It is exactly what I intend to do!

Here are a few updated stats on our Sweet Caroline:

Age: 6 months
Height: 26 1/4 inches
Weight: 18 lbs 14 oz

...one happy, healthy little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment